Weston Museum is working towards being as accessible as possible. There is a lift for wheelchair users and those who cannot manage stairs to access the main upper floor galleries. Due to the nature of Clara’s Cottage being built in 1865, this part of the museum is unfortunately not completely accessible to wheelchair users due to narrow corridors and a staircase.
All of our Galleries offer the following:
- Wide aisles, allowing access for wheelchairs
- Lift to the Museum galleries for wheelchair users and those who cannot manage stairs
- Gallery seating for breaks during the course of your visit.
- A carpet runner is available for those with limited mobility who might find it difficult to walk across the cobblestones in the courtyard. (Please contact the museum before you visit
Pushchairs & Buggies
- Due to the nature of the upstairs gallery, pushchairs and buggies are not permitted. However, we do have spaces to store pushchairs and buggies (after you have taken your child out of course!)
One wheelchair is available free of charge for those who arrive in larger mobility scooters that do not fit into the lift.
Assistance dogs are welcome at the Museum.
There are audio trails that are particularly helpful to assist blind and partially sighted visitors and provision has been developed to make the museum dementia friendly.
Toilet Facilities and Babies
The museum building has a disabled toilet, which includes baby changing facilities. The museum is also breastfeeding friendly and there is a kids corner with comfy sofas available.
Accessible events are held at intervals, please refer to our events calendar for further information.
We have created a policy which lays out our commitment to maximising access for everyone. Read our access policy to learn more.
The museum team welcome any thoughts and feedback on how the museum can be made even more accessible and will do their best to enable access where possible, just let us know. If you have any further question about accessibility please contact us on 01934 621028 or email us at email@example.com