Enjoy a fun and informative INSET day at Weston Museum
Would you like to bring your history teaching to life and help your students learn about the heritage of their local area? Come to Weston Museum for a group INSET day and see how your local museum can support you with history activities
A typical INSET day can include:
- Hands on tasters of the types of activities that the museum’s learning programme has to offer
- Workshop activities on how to actively use objects within your teaching
- A tour around the museum galleries and exhibitions to help familiarise you and identify opportunities for learning
- Introduction to the museum’s learning programme and what it has to offer across the curriculum, including the practical considerations of a visit
- Optional allocated time at the end of the day for discussion and planning (useful for Q&A, completing a risk assessment, planning a trail activity or planning calendars during the rare moment when your team are all together!)
- Your booking also includes refreshments (excluding lunch) and a museum goodie bag for each teacher!
INSET day options can sometimes be tailored, so please do ask if there is something that you would particularly like to be included. An INSET day usually lasts from 10am-3pm, with breaks for drinks and lunch incorporated. Bring a group of up to 12 for £120.
To discuss dates and options, just email or call the learning officer